This project goes out to all my fellow tea drinkers, what's up y'all! I made these sweet, simple, and easy floral tea bags because...well, why not? As Valentine's Day approaches, I kind of grew a little tired of seeing the same pink and red hearts out there. I wanted to create a less cheesy way to give flowers to your special someone yet still show that you care. It's all about the little touch, people. Keep reading after the jump to learn how to make these love and spring inspired floral tea bags....
DIY FLORAL TEA BAGS
PREP TIME: 5 minutes | CRAFT TIME: 5 minutes | DIFFICULTY: Easy
Flowers (baby carnations; or plastic flowers)
Tea cup / hot water
1. Take a tea bag and gently remove the brand's tag on the end
2. Cut a small flower near its base and tie the tea bag string to the base of the flower
3. Be sure to tie the flower about half-way down the string so it will hang well on a tea cup
4. Trim off any excess string past the flower with scissors
5. Pour hot water into a tea cup, place your floral tea bag in and seep for 2-5 minutes
Yes, it really is this easy! Imagine surprising your significant other with breakfast in bed on Valentine's day and this cup of tea with a flower dipped over is on the tray. So subtle yet special. Added bonus, depending on how fragrant the flower is, you can actually smell its scent with every sip. Classy. If you want to gift these to someone, you could also use plastic flowers instead of real ones. Place them into a nice package and it's sure to get their attention. Try it out and let me know how it goes!
Share this with all those people in your life who make you feel rosy (...get it?).
Just click the "Gotta Share This" button below and go crazy!