Today's project is inspired by my favorite body of nature - the sun! I was approached to collaborate with Glade to creatively come up with a DIY Decor project that reminded me of summer days by a lake. I immediately felt nostalgic for sunsets over the water, bonfires crackling into the pastel sky, and that giggly warm realization you have when you realize life is pretty darn beautiful. Welp, now that the cheesy inspirational me has spoken, let's get to the fun part! This ombre wall decor is super simple, colorful, and can be completed in under 15 minutes. Sound good? I thought so! Click to read more for the deets...
What you'll need:
-4 x 4in. Canvas squares (bought mine at Blick's)
-Spray paint (I used pastel colors in pink, yellow, and aqua)
-Push pins, nails, or wall tape
1. Start off by setting up a clean surface in outside open air with the floor space covered by paint protective sheets or plastic.
2. Completely spray paint the canvas squares in a base color (I painted 2 pink, two yellow, and 2 aqua) and wait
3. Using a second color, hold the spray paint can a little further out so you can more diffusely spray paint about half the canvas so you get an ombre look.
4. If you mess up, no worries! repaint the canvas with the original color, wait until it dries, and blend with the second color again.
5. Once the canvases are dried (takes less than 10 minutes, but I kept them outside for an hour just in case), you can arrange them on the wall as you please. I chose a 2 x 3 formation and simply used push pins to hang the canvases. Alternatively, you can use nails or mounting tape as the canvases are lightweight. That's it! Hope you enjoy!
|featuring Glade Warmer and Wax melts|
I've always been a fan of room scents, but this Glade Soak it in Summer Swim is some seriously nose pleasing stuff. Slightly sweet, citrus, and fresh scent that really makes coming home to my room feel like those crisp lakeside memories are becoming real.